Women’s Health Physiotherapy
Women’s Health Physiotherapy focuses on all issues related to Obstetrics and Gynaecology.
What Can We Treat?
Whatever your complaint, we discuss your symptoms and can help to provide relief in the following ways:
- Manual therapy to treat any musculoskeletal discomfort, pain and dysfunction during and following pregnancy.
- Pelvic floor muscle assessment and re-education for continence problems, weak pelvic floor or sexual dysfunction.
- Treatment to support recovery post-hysterectomy and other gynaecological surgery.
- Therapy to ease symptoms associated with the menopause.
- Holistic approach including acupuncture/ dry needling, massage in conjunction with conventional therapies.
- Pelvic pain – including pelvic girdle pain
- Low back pain
- Thoracic pain
- Coccyx pain
- Rectus abdominus divarication (a separation of the abdominal muscles)
- Stress urinary incontinence
- Urinary urgency and urge incontinence
- Faecal incontinence
- Pelvic organ prolapse
- Weak pelvic floor muscles following childbirth
If yes to any of the statements below, then your bladder control needs to be improved.
You leak when you run, jump, cough or sneeze
You empty your bladder more than 6-8 times a day
You have to get up more than twice in the night to empty your bladder
Physiotherapy can help as the pelvic floor muscles respond well to exercise programs. If left untreated, it can lead to urinary incontinence. There are techniques that can be taught to train the bladder to hold more urine and therefore need emptying less often.