Sports Massage is the management, manipulation and rehabilitation of soft tissues of the body including muscles, tendons and ligaments.
What Is Sports Massage?
You do not need to be an athlete to benefit from this kind of massage.
The benefits can also help relieve the many day to day problems which everyone experiences including body aches due to incorrect posture, desk worker's upper back stress and muscular tension, repetitive strain injury, sprains, tension and fatigue. Our sports massage practitioners offer preventive treatment and injury recovery and our techniques ensure that effective and efficient results are gained from each massage.
How Can It Help?
- Improve circulation and lymphatic flow
- Assist in the removal of metabolic waste
- Sedate or stimulate nerve endings
- Decreases muscular hypertonicity
- Increase or decrease muscle length
- Accelerates musculoskeletal recovery
- Increases flexibility and range of motion
- Remodel scar tissue when required
- Assist in mental preparation for sport participation
- Prevents injuries, enhances athletic performance