How We Can Help?
Hand therapy brings together techniques of occupational therapy (scar management, re-training, splinting, advice on activities of daily living) and physiotherapy (joint mobilisation, stretching, active and resistive exercise, ultrasound).
Your hand therapist can assist with emotional and psychological support as well as helping to restore hand function.
Our hand therapist is HCPC registered and is a member of the British Association of Hand Therapists.
What Can it Treat?
The following hand and wrist conditions can be treated:
- Work related upper limb disorder
- Dupuytren’s disease
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Tendon Injuries and transfers
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Ligament injuries
- Soft tissue injuries
- Paediatric injuries and conditions
- Scar hypersensitivity
- Wrist pain
- Crush injuries
- Complex regional pain syndrome
- Trigger finger
- Congenital hand anomalies
- Joint Replacements and Fusions
- Swelling (oedema) management
- Scar management
- Exercise therapy and mobilisation
- Joint protection techniques